The 3.0 Liter S55B30 turbo engine for BMW M2/M3/M4 models is equipped with an indirect charge-air cooling circuit. So the cooling of the charged air is not realized by the ambient air as cooling medium (as usual), but made with its own cooling water circuit. A reduction of the temperature of the cooling water is directly equated with an improved cooling performance of the charged air. This is exactly where the advantages of the Masata upgrade water cooler comes into play.
The new developed competition racing cores of the Masata high performance water coolers increase the radiator volume of the OEM water coolers by 89% for front mounted and 94% for side mounted. The calculated ratio between the inner and outer cooling surface generates a maximum heat transfer and allows at the same time enough air flow for the surrounding components (for example the engine water cooler) for its own heat exchange. The water coolers are equipped with a heat-conductive anti corrosion coating to ensure a lasting cooling effect. The plug & play installation of the system is simple and easy to perform (an installation instruction is included as well).
- Box contains 1x front mounted radiator (low-temperature circuit)
- Installation instructions included
- Dimensions OEM front mounted radiator - 590 mm x 308 mm x 25 mm / 23.2 Inch x 12.1 Inch x 1.0 Inch - Volume 4.5 Liter - Area 1817 cm² / 280.7 Inch²
- Dimensions WT front mounted radiator - 568 mm x 468.4 mm x 32 mm / 22.4 Inch x 18.4 Inch x 1.26 Inch - Volume = 8.5 Liter (+89%) - Area 2660.5 cm² / 412.2 Inch² (+46,4%)
- Masata Lifetime Warranty
- BMW F87 LCI M2 Competition S55 3.0L 2018+
- BMW F80 M3 S55 3.0L 2014+
- BMW F82/M4 S55 3.0L 2014+